Heating thermostat & timer changed but does not do what

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys more help needed.

Right then

Originally there was a thermostat and a timer like this one

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/89388...ers/Mechanical-Immersion-Timer-24-Hour;jsessi

Now then after, a discussion was reccomended this baby

http://www.awin1.com/awclick.php?aw...ating-Controls/Horstmann-DRT2-Room-Thermostat

Unfortunately this is a bag o sh1te as it does not do;

1 Individual programs for each day

2 Does not have a BOOST or Overide facility

They want to be able to press a button to turn the heating on until the next period or turn it on then off

3 It does have a temp. overide which they like

I have been looking, I have seen this little baby

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/88114/Plumbing/Central-Heating-Controls/Danfoss-TS715si-Timeswitch#

however the wiring diagram has me confused

Am i right in thinking that I just connect L, N, E(in parking point) to this and the pin rail thing picks up for the contacts.

Can some one please please please tell me if this is what I want and are my assumptions correct about the pin rail thing!!!

Much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Are you just wanting a straight time switch, or do you want something with a thermostat built in as well?

What wiring do you have at the existing point? Is there a three core & earth there?

Hi rob

Needs to be timer and thermo.

Presently there is, wait for it......

a live feed running through fish key switch, a neutral, an earth and a black wire with brown tape on it that I am assuming is the live back to the heating!!!

(It is a right knock up job!!!!!!) not by me mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the neutral is not currently in use ?????

The danfoss you linked to is just a straight programmer. It's not a stat.

You want something more like this.

It seems to have the functions you need.

You just connect the permanent live and switched live to the unit.

It does not require a neutral.

WTF is the key switch for? Sounds like rather a strange setup.

Sponsored Links
Cheers Rob

So this will definitely

1. allow them to give individual programs for each day of the week?

2. Boost/ overide the timer when they want to?

3. allow them to overide the temperature?

The fish key switch!! FOK!! But they do like the sound of the 'big metal box clanking' as you turn the load on and off using it.

If it keeps them happy then it is fine by me, as far as I can tell it is purely there to let anyone run the back-up batteries down!!!!!

Thanks for your help 'Oh Great One'

Going to ELEX per chance? Free bacon butty and T-Shirt!!!!!

Hmmm, it doesn't appear to have an advance facility, but the temperature can be over-ridden.

I'm wondering if you might be better geting a standard programmer and a manual room stat, and connecting them together.

Not sure about ELEX. I think I'll struggle to blag yet another day off work. :LOL:

It must have the advance / boost thing for heating, they're very clear on that.

Recommend something mate, I'm loosing the will!!!! Something that does both or if not programmer and thermo will have to do

I did mention this is only for the heating, didn't I?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back