Heating/ timer problem

If the rads are getting hot the 3port valve is duff.

With the timer you need to check the white wire when heating is being called and the orange when the valve is fully open, you need to remove the orange from the wiring center to check.

If the valve is duff then one can assume the two problems are related as the valve makes when it is open.

The timer if you change it has odd wiring.

L & N & E.

1. is dhw. (3)
3. is dhw off. (1)
4 htg on (4)

The numbers in the brks are the industrial standard numbers that the existing would connect too, if you got a different programmer. But always check with us first.

Sponsored Links
http://www.horstmann.co.uk/downloads.php

Thanks John, but ive already been there. My timer is discontinued so they only have the user guide on offer ( does not show how to dismantle to reach connections)

At the moment ( since the swift tap ) everything works perfect, although I know there is a loose terminal connection in the timer (probably terminal 4) and the rads get warm with HW only selected but I am not worried about that for now as I know its the 3 port valve not quite shutting off properly.

The main concern is getting the timer open to check the terminals.
Then I will address the valve issue.
Then I will add a room stat.

But I have to start with the loose connection to have reliable CH on/off to do any further improvment to the system

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back