Heating / venting problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a new build home and over all I’ve been very happy with it, but I have a problem in my living room. It takes forever to heat up.

Where as my kitchen gets nice and warm

Here are my findings

My living room is approx 4.6M x 3M it has a single radiator with the dimensions 0.9M X 0.6M. In the corner of the room is an air vent which cannot be closed. The draft is unbelievable and can be felt on my feet sitting at the other side of the room.

My nice warm kitchen is approx 4.2M X 3.0M and the radiator is 1.2M X 0.6M

So my thoughts are change the air vent for one that I can shut off in the winter and / or fit a bigger / double radiator in the living room

Any thoughts / ideas are greatly received

Sponsored Links
Fit a double radiator in the living room. It's not a good idea to block the vent, people don't get ill from draughts as often as they do from stale air. The building regs are stupid (please note Prescott), you have to seal all round the windows and doors to save heat, then put in a hole in the wall. It would be better to have small gaps round the windows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back