Heatline Solaris combi noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we got the above boiler fitted around 3 years ago. It makes a loud buzzing noise when CH is on. It does not do it when HW is on, in fact the noise goes away when you run the tap and comes back when it is turned off again. I got Homeserve out last year and the damn thing didn't do it while he was here! Got them out again last week and he reckons it is a blockage in the heat exchanger causing the noise, but we aren't covered for cleaning it out. He reckoned to get some X100 (?) and run the system with it in for a month, drain it, refill with water only and run, drain again and refill with inhibitor added. Sounds good to me. The problem is that since he has been the water pressure keeps going up to the 3 bar mark and going into fault mode with the code saying 'no water pressure'. I have drained some water out of the system 3 times now, each time taking the (hot) system pressure down to around 2.4 bar. The next day the pressure goes back up to the alarm point again!

Now, is this a symtem of the blockage in the heat exch. or possibly a passing top up valve? It hasn't done it before. We have had to top the pressure up slightly every now and again but not often, and I only take it up to about 1.5 bar when I have done it.

Also, is there a better method of cleaning the exchanger than running with X100 in for a month?

Sponsored Links
Hi X100 isnt a cleaner you should try X400, a power flush would be better but more expensive it depends on your budget really hope this helps Paul.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back