Heatline VIZO

Agile said:
The C24 Heatline has built in frost protection and interestingly a connection for external temperature sensing ! If thats used it can increase the efficiency by up to about 5%.

The slight problem is that I cannot tell if the Vizo which is a B&Q badged model is absolutely exactly the same. I would expect it to be the same inside but cannot be sure.

There is nothing I can see in the very good design and manufacture quality which would make me expect it to be anything other than very reliable.

These cheaper boilers always suffer from the problem that they are usually fitted by non British and non CORGI installers and that always means they get an unjustified reputation for unreliability.

The plain fact is they are the choice of anyone who wants to do a cheap job. Nobody is going to pay us £840 for the installation of a boiler which only cost them £315.

This means the legitimate CORGI engineers never fit them and only hear of the problems resulting from unregistered installers.

Tony

That's worrying because I can't afford loads but if I can't get a legit installer to do it then what hope do I have. It's unfair for installers to refuse to install it because they can't make lots of profit from me. I can see what you're saying. If i said i'm willing to spend 3k then I wouldn't have a problem. To fit my gas pipe, hang boiler, fit vertical flue through roof, connect and commission i expected to pay around £350-400 me supplying all parts. Am i way off the mark there?

Maybe this is why DIY takes place because installers won't do reasonable price jobs. Correct me if i wrong though. :cry: Very dis-heartened now..

Sponsored Links
Maybe this is why DIY takes place because installers won't do reasonable price jobs. Correct me if i wrong though.

depends what you call reasonable

you as a diyer dont have the financial burden a reg installer has

ie acs every 5 yrs

dog tax every year

just for starters :eek:

kevplumb said:
Maybe this is why DIY takes place because installers won't do reasonable price jobs. Correct me if i wrong though.

depends what you call reasonable

you as a diyer dont have the financial burden a reg installer has

ie acs every 5 yrs

dog tax every year

just for starters :eek:

I don't want to start a huge debate on this. Never gets anybody anywhere. I do believe that installers shouldn't expect every small family to have thousands available for a boiler install or change though. I like supplying my own parts because I research everything and now what i want based on tech info and good advice here. My girlfriends grandad has had a quote through for 2k for a boiler change and he gets told he is having a worcester then installer sends paperwork stating it is an icos. "Ideal" I guess, he didn't know it was an ideal. He doesn't have a clue what he is getting for his money and is very unsure. Crazy if you ask me. He even phoned up and said "i don't know what i'm getting" and still didn't get far. This has happened with 3 installers he had to quote.

I'd rather steer clear of that and buy my own equipment, it is my money buying the kit after all. To install a gas pipe and boiler/flue probably take 8 hours. for £400 that works out to £50 an hour. For an installer to refuse that I can't see a way forward. Just have to hope an installer will do it and understand my budget. :cry:

adwt2004 said:
[If i said i'm willing to spend 3k then I wouldn't have a problem. To fit my gas pipe, hang boiler, fit vertical flue through roof, connect and commission i expected to pay around £350-400 me supplying all parts. Am i way off the mark there?

Its YOU who do not have a problem paying £840 to fit your £2000 Viessmann or other expensive boiler because you think £840 is reasonable as you have spent £2000 on the boiler.

Its YOU who have a problem paying £840 to install your cheap boiler because you only paid £315 for it!

The reality of the situation is that there is the SAME amount of work to install a boiler properly regardless of the make!

You are also "way off the mark" if you are expecting a quality heating installer to fit a boiler properly including power flushing and to give a proper guarantee on the installation for only £350. The usual cost just for power flushing is £300 and that needs £30 of chemicals!

The only way to get the CORGI cost down is to let them only do the essential part of the work, mounting bracket, assemble flue, run and connect gas supply, commission and notify CORGI. We charge £180 for that!

The customers budget is not relevant ! He either wants a cheap job, often done badly and never power flushed, by a non CORGI registered Polish plumber with no guarantee or he is prepared to pay a quality installer which is usually about £700-£900 depending on area.

Your times to install seem way out when power flushing will take 3-5 hours! And a preliminary survey visit?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
adwt2004 said:
[If i said i'm willing to spend 3k then I wouldn't have a problem. To fit my gas pipe, hang boiler, fit vertical flue through roof, connect and commission i expected to pay around £350-400 me supplying all parts. Am i way off the mark there?

Its YOU who would not have a problem paying us £840 to fit your £2000 Viessmann or other expensive boiler because you think £840 is reasonable as you have spent £2000 on the boiler.

Its YOU who DO have a problem paying us £840 to install your cheap boiler because you only paid £315 for it!

The reality of the situation is that there is the SAME amount of work to install a boiler properly regardless of the make!

You are also "way off the mark" if you are expecting a quality heating installer to fit a boiler properly including power flushing and to give a proper guarantee on the installation for only £350. The usual cost just for power flushing is £300 and that needs £30 of chemicals!

The only way to get the CORGI cost down is to let them only do the essential part of the work, mounting bracket, assemble flue, run and connect gas supply, commission and notify CORGI. We charge £180 for that!

Tony

It wouldn't require a powerflush. It's brand new pipework. I do have a problem paying 840 quid to install a £315 boiler. Anyone would, otherwise they wouldn't be normal! :rolleyes: Sometimes I believe corgi's use the fact you need them to do it to charge massive prices. how I wished you lived near me Tony, i'd still pay you £400 because I know you would do a good job ;)

I'll start ringing around...

Tony,
Useful info, just spoke to Heatline techline and the c24/c28 flues are fully compatible with the VIZO. The vizo internally is also identical to c24. And they do have frost stats. Sounds good to me!

Even if all the pipework and radiators are new it still needs hot flushing with cleanser like Sentinel X300 for a few hours before the system is drained twice and Sentinel X100 is added. Still £30 of chemicals too!

Properly sealing a vertical flue is also a significant time consuming job which is rarely done to the standard which would warrant giving a guarantee that it will never leak!

As I told you at 1403, the boiler has frost protection! But it does not have a "frost stat". It uses the resistance reading of the flow sensor to initiate a protection against freezing procedure.

Tony

Agile said:
Even if all the pipework and radiators are new it still needs hot flushing with cleanser like Sentinel X300 for a few hours before the system is drained twice and Sentinel X100 is added. Still £30 of chemicals too!

Properly sealing a vertical flue is also a significant time consuming job which is rarely done to the standard which would warrant giving a guarantee that it will never leak!

As I told you at 1403, the boiler has frost protection! But it does not have a "frost stat". It uses the resistance reading of the flow sensor to initiate a protection against freezing procedure.

Tony

You told me the c24 had it, Not the vizo. Was only trying to be helpful because you wondered about the innards of these things.

Andy

Agile said:
Even if all the pipework and radiators are new it still needs hot flushing with cleanser like Sentinel X300 for a few hours before the system is drained twice and Sentinel X100 is added.
Sentinel X300 ® ?
Sentinel X100 ® ?

Hey tony what you on about. a combi for combi you can do in half a day. that still leaves you all afternoon o do a flush. why should people pay more cause your slower. we fit only worcester boilers and still do it for £1600 including lime fighter clock, thermostats and 3 trvs1. stop wasting your time on sites like this you mite get more done. p.s i here cause i need a lume management kit for one of these duff boilers. priced at £160 from local retailer. worcesters only £50.

..... a combi for combi you can do in half a day

Lying bastard....you are the reason this trades so screwed up. Don't tell us you can spec up the job, obtain all the materials, upgrade gas pipework/controls/trvs to current standards, install/commision as per MIs and relevent standards, explain the new system to the user/ do all the paperwork, dispose of the carp to a trade site etc in just half a day. And to say you can powerflush in just half a day is garbage. :rolleyes: So you charge £1600-boiler cost,/trvs/scale reducer for just a days work? Now that really is a rip off.

Make the most of it I heard a rumour the band b boilers are being withdrawn after December.anyone else heard this.

I kid you not. weve got a shop to run, the reason why our prices are low are because others are even lower otherwise we wouldn't have to work. we make about £600. have you ever fitted a worcester? the timers are a doddle you just take one screw out and the thing slots in the front. it takes 20mins to fit 3 tv's. the thermstat is 3 wires into the connector block, takes 5-10 mins. to comission takes 5 mins. all you do is stick the analyser in the flue and set the co2 max and min settings and check the working pressure. How long does it take to explain how a boiler works?10 mins max. when we flush we put a drain on the boiler on the flow side before any rad, fill loop on the return fill the system turn off the valve on the flow on the boiler. knock off all rads apart from 1 then turn, connect a hose to drain off and open it, on fill loop run about 1.5bar through it. watch all the rubbish run out the hose. go through all the rads in the same way one at a time. if still bit mucky stick x400 for an hour to get rid of rest. honestly only takes 30mins

p.s gasguru
i only said combi for combi. repipe sizing would be extra. how much is 2m of pipe to reconnect a new combi. £10-20 max. Its people like you this trade has the name it has ripping customers of. taking 3 days to do a 1 day job.

These cheap installs are what keeps me in a job!

Boilers thrown in for peanuts, not properly flushed or commissioned. Then we rock up when it goes wrong and charge the customer to do remedial work that shouldnt have needed to be done. Customer ends up paying more in the long run

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back