Heatrae Sadia Megaflo 170L

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have the above boiler for hot water and CH in our 2yr old apartment. The red "lockout" light has started to flash on the Aztec unit beside the boiler when it fires up. We are in an apartment block but our boiler is different (the last apt to be built). A neighbour said when her light flashed, she had to top up the water in the boiler. I haven't been shown how to do this, can anyone help me, I haven't a clue about these things. Thankyou Valerie

Sponsored Links

Hi valerie somewhere in your flat (most probably near your megaflo or aztec boiler) you will find something similair to the photo, you need to open the valve until the gauge reads 1 and then close it, if your unsure ask your neighbour to show you how to fill the system then it will be easier in the future.

Hi valerie somewhere in your flat (most probably near your megaflo or aztec boiler) you will find something similair to the photo, you need to open the valve until the gauge reads 1 and then close it, if your unsure ask your neighbour to show you how to fill the system then it will be easier in the future.
Hi, thankyou. I do have something similar. The gauge already reads 1.5 and I think it has always been at this since we have lived here. I remember someone saying there is something wrong if it drops below 1. Do you think it still needs filling?

Sponsored Links

Hi, thankyou. I do have something similar. The gauge already reads 1.5 and I think it has always been at this since we have lived here. I remember someone saying there is something wrong if it drops below 1. Do you think it still needs filling?

Thankyou all. Am I looking at the right pointer on the dial. There is a red one at 1.5 and a black one which is less than 1?

There are probably 2 little black taps, they will be crossing the pipes leading to and from them, turn each so that it is in line with the pipes for a short time,observe the gauge when doing this. Don't forget to turn back when 1 is reached.

There are probably 2 little black taps, they will be crossing the pipes leading to and from them, turn each so that it is in line with the pipes for a short time,observe the gauge when doing this. Don't forget to turn back when 1 is reached.

Thankyou, I will give it a go. I have been told that Trianco, who supplied the boiler have gone out of business so 2 yr guarantee no good!

I can find one black tap above the dial and to the left but not the second one. Can anyone help please?[

At the other end of the flexible pipe there may be a valve with a slot for a screwdriver, same principle, the slot will be across the pipe, with a flat head screwdriver make it inline then turn on the black tap. Otherwise you'll need someone to come do it for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back