Heatrae Sadia Megaflo pressure cartridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, can anyone tell me if replacing a 3 bar pressure reducing cartridge on an old Heatrae Sadia Megaflo unit is tricky job? Would it require the tank to be drained or just turning off the mains supply? Any potential hazards? The valve/cartidge is about half way down the tank. It's an economy 7 tank with 2 elements. The cartidge is dripping out of the end somehow.

The timing is terrible as I'm broke and Heatrae say the unit is over 10 years old so they no longer do the cartridge alone so I have to buy a whole unvented combination valve which seems to be at least £85 online, and much dearer in store obviously. I'm trying to weigh up whether I should try and do this myself or fork out for a plumber and have peace of mind that it'll be done without any hitches...that's mainly if the tank needs to be drained though.

The part number is 95605817. "In an ideal world" if I did it myself I'd take off the new cartridge from the new valve, then switch the leaky one for the new one rather than having to fit the whole new valve.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

Sponsored Links
This is not a DIY job. Work on an unvented cylinder needs to be completed by a plumber with the G3 qualification.

Sponsored Links
G3 is the unvented qualification.
These systems should be checked on an annual basis anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back