Heatslave 15 19 lockout wont start back up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please please help!!!!

i have recently moved into a house with a heatslave 15 19 boiler in which i had ran out of oil, i have filled the tank back up, reset pressure, bled pump, the boiler seems to start up but after about 15 seconds the lock out light reappears, do i need to call an engineer out or can it be fixed by someone not so in the know (well a little bit) dont particular want to call someone out this close to xmas but will do if i have to.....please help as we have snow forecast for this weekend so i need to get it fixed by then coz the kids are freezing, many thanks

Sponsored Links
yes bled the pump, well i turned the silver screw until water trickled out so i think i did, not the best at these sort of things sorry hence posting on here :(

You need to bleed the oil pump situated on the oil burner, what you have bled is the water pump which has nothing to do with the boiler not starting

Regards

spraggo

Sponsored Links
Hi

Ive bled the oil pump and yes there was air in it, the lockout switch has gone out but the radiators still not getting warm, do i have to wait a certain amount of time before the heat kicks in or do you think something else could be wrong, the pipes inside the boiler are hot so ive got some hope, thanks from a very stressed lady

I'm not a plumber but I also have a heatslave boiler. If the hot water and heating are turned on at the same time then it will spend a short while heating up the internal hot water heat store before starting to heat the radiators, but it's only a couple of minutes.
If you turn the hot water off and heating on you should get heat to the radiators straight away though, assuming the room stat isn't turned down.

thanks guys for all you help recently, my boiler is up and running at present but i am awaiting an oil delivery but as the snow is so bad i doubt ill will be arriving some time soon!.....many thanks again :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back