Help !!! 1 cold radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help me please before the wife throws me out. We have 1 problem radiator downstairs (front room), that just does not heat up. We had a new boiler fitted last year and all the other rads in the house seem fine. I have drained the entire system, removed and flushed out the rad, poured in cleaner, checked that the pin is out etc. but no joy. Both pipes to the radiator are cold unless I bleed through and drain off water but then the pipe gradually loses all it's heat again.
Being a non plumber I am now at a loss of what to do know ... any help or advice would be greatly recieved before the real cold weather comes in,
Thanks in advance....

Sponsored Links
Seemed to work okay prior to the new boiler installation so I'll try that, If it does work what do I do then .... thanks for the advice by the way.

try turning off all other rads and see if the pump pushes through to it.

Check it's been piped correctly to

hi, I have the same problem, my radiator started working when I turned off all other rads...and when I turned on all other rads it gone cold...!

Sponsored Links
try turning off all other rads and see if the pump pushes through to it.

Check it's been piped correctly to

Worked a treat and the front room rad was red hot when I knocked the others off. Gradually opened the others and in a short space of time the heat had completely gone again, put the system on again this morning and the front room rad was stone cold again ... do I have to sacrafice a number of rads to have the other one working all the time or is there anything else that I can do .. thanks for the help again..

Turn the working radiators lockshield valve fully off, then open only 3/4 to 1 full turn.
This will restrict the flow through these, and allow the faulty rad to be fed.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back