Help... Back to Wall Toilet......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need some help!
For the last week we have noticed water pooling around the base of our back to wall toilet. I took off the cabinet panel and was able to put my hand behind the pan and i could feel water around the flush pipe where it enters the toilet pan, but there was also limescale around where the flush downpipe leaves the cistern.

Now, I am a complete novuce, and i need to remove the toilet but am not sure how to do this? The pan is screwed to the floor, so obviously i remove the screws, but then what? Do i just gently pull the pan away from the wall? Are the flush pipe and waste pipe just push fitted into the pan????

Please help or direct me to where i can get some help.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes, but gently; & use one hand/assistant to ease the flush pipe and pan connector off as you go.

Might be worth turning the water off and flushing the loo first to minimise risk of an accident.

If the pan connector is a flexible one be prepared for it to drop and unload a pool of nastiness on the floor.

hi

thanks for that.

if the waste pipe is a flexible one, would i be right in thinking that i will need to ease off the flush pipe from the pan, but i should be able to keep the waste pipe connected right?

thanks

If you don't want to move the pan slacken off the flush valve in the cistern.

Sponsored Links
In theory yes, but in reality it'll probably fall off before you get your hand round there to support it

If you don't want to move the pan slacken off the flush valve in the cistern.

Hi,
so are you saying i should be able to remove the flush pipe without having to move the pan?

Also, what should i do....replace the whole flush pipe? And how do i get a proper seal where the flush pipe inserts into the pan....is there a rubber seal or something i can buy?? Any links would be much appreciated.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back