HELP!! Boiler gone mad!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
lease can somebody help. Having had the heating off all summer I woke this morning to find it a bit warm in the house. Went for the usual 6.30 pee and found the boiler goin at full tilt?!?! Went to check the little control panel bit and there was nothing on it? No time no numbers nothing? Didn't have time to investigate before work but came home and it's still going. Pressing the two buttons to reset it did nada as does pressing everything or kicking it! The only way to turn it off at the moment is to turn the fuse off but that kills the power to my computers which i need to a) check for your replies and b) prepare for lessons tomorrow (I'm a teacher). Anyone have any ideas. My boilers a Worcester 9.24 electroinc. Please help i'm sitting in my underware and it's not a pretty sight!!
Thanks
buryboy2000

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the timer built into the boiler is blank? or an external one?

Either way, they're easy enogh to replace....

You should be able to turn off the power to the boiler only (until you can get someone to look at it) leaving the rest of the house on by switching off the fused spur which feeds the boiler,it should have a 3 amp fuse in it, unless some moron wired your boiler straight into the ring main.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back