HELP! boiler not switching off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
thanks for looking any help is appreciated, i own a Ariston Eurocombi A23

Upon asking for hot water it often does not get very hot and when i turn the taps off the boiler is still going.

This is the same for the central heating, when i ask for heating it sometimes appears not to get very hot and when i switch the heating off the boiler continues to work.

It however is not heating any water up to any great potential as the panel on the front shows it only heating it up to the minimum to read on the gauge ( 40-50 deg)

It therefore appears to me that upon asking for ch or hw it is sometimes instead goes into this mode of functioning and just ticking over. However other times it works fine and heats up to 70 deg +

When i was playing with it and used the test flu mode it works fine too.

What would cause this to affect both ch and hw and not turn off the boiler when the request for hot water has finished.

I first though Diverter Valve but this does not explain why the boiler will not turn off, or not get heating hot.

Please please help, your experties so far and now have been and are appreciated as are your patience

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back