Help boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi im looking for some help with my Biasi M90E.28S boiler when we use the hot water for anything once we finish the boiler keeps re igniting itself after this , it will ignite for 2 or 3 seconnds then shuts down then repeats this for about 10 minutes it also does this after the central heating has been on. it is heating up ok but it has just started to do this any help is appreciated cheers Steve

Sponsored Links
Peer inside. On the plastic block to the left of the right-hand brass connection lump, there's a red led which comes on when the tap's running. See if it goes out when it should. Could be sticking on.

Hi no the red light is not on when the boiler is firing up on its own when i use it normaly the red light is on cheers steve

Hi there my boiler is now leeking water from a pipe at the back right hand side it looks like an over flow or breather pipe its an open ended copper pipe can some one please tell me what has happened cheers steve

Sponsored Links
Hi think its the safety blow off pipe it doesnt go outside though its just an open ended pipe back right hand side of boiler

That should go outside!

The pressure should only be about 1.5 ! Have you set it over two and caused the PRV to operate?

Check the thermister resistances with boiler cold. Should be about 13k each.

Tony

Hi tony what is the thermister resistances the dial on the front is at 1 bar cold but it built up when the central heating was on and was over 2 this is when the water was coming out the pipe that is meant to go out side

It sounds as if your expansion vessel is failed or requires rep[ressurising.

I am sorry but if you dont know what a sensor resistance is then you have no chance of measuring them.

Better to call a competent boiler engineer.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back