Help !!!! Combi problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone
I’ve just moved into a static caravan
We have Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30i on lpg
We only have one small radiator fitted to the bedroom. We get our heating from a wood burner. The boiler heats up then cuts out. Can I assume that the system doesn’t have enough radiator space to dump the heat from the hot water demand ?

Sponsored Links
you will probably find that the radiator is there to dump excess heat after running HW and was never intended to be turned on for CH

But could the boiler cutting out be due to there not being enough system space to dump the heat. It’s a 400mm x 600mm single rad with 10 meters of 10ml copper pipe connected.

Sponsored Links
I’m greatly appreciative of your help Ian. So what’s the solution? More radiators ?
Or make a copper pipe heatsink and attach to the rad system ?

I’m greatly appreciative of your help Ian. So what’s the solution? More radiators ?
Or make a copper pipe heatsink and attach to the rad system ?
No , just dont use the boiler to heat the radiator, just use it for HW and when you stop running the HW draw off, the burner will shut down and the pump will keep running and dump the heat into the radiator, a badly designed way of doing it but it should work, will never work on heating though, unless you fit a lot more radiators

yet another thing that you have no clue about

this dumping of heat every time hot water has been drawn is a clue as to why the real life "efficiency " of combi boilers in domestic hot water mode is far below the quoted figure.

I run it on LPG. I’ve just been informed if I have less than a quarter tank of gas it may not work properly. How true this is I don’t know
(I have to say that I’m not 100% sure it’s a thermal cut out that’s kicking in )

It doesn’t have a screen. Most of the time the boiler doesn’t even fire up. If I hit the reset button while the hot tap is running it fires for about 20 seconds then stops If I reset with no water flowing and then go to demand hot water it doesn’t even fire up Could the. Flow switch be buggered ?

Are you sure you've got a 30i? They have LCD screens.

If the boiler doesn't fire up at all when you run a hot tap then it does sound like

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back