Help!!!!!!!!! Draining a hot water tank!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to install a surrey flange on my hot water tank for my new shower. I thought I had done everything to drain the water from it:

I have held up the ball cock on the cold water tank in the attic so no more water can come in from rising main.
Turned on all the hot water taps in the house and waited until the water stopped coming out of them.

I thought this would mean the hot water tank would be empty, but just taken the existing connection off the top of the tank and the tank is full of water, luckily its not p*ssing everywhere its just sitting level with the top of the tank.

I have checked that the hot water taps are still all open and there is no water coming out of them, the cold water tank is empty in the attic, so why is the tank still full??

Does anyone know how I can get rid of it too???

Sponsored Links
no the taps will not drain the tank as the feed to the taps comes from the top of the cylinder

there will be a drain off point on the cold feed to the cylinder

(do you really think you should do this? wouldnt it be better to get some one in??

If there is no drain point stil a piece of 15mm copper into the top with a hose on and start sucking to get a syphen going to drain the tank.

Dont need to go any further with drain down as surrey flange fits into top connection, any more water that may come out will be minimal.

Sponsored Links
Can any of you guys help me? I want to move a rad that is heated by a Worcester 28si combi. How/where would I drain the radiators from. Will it be from one of the rads, or the boiler itself.

Hope ypu can advise.

Cheers

Austin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back