Help-EU and UK Voltage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone help, I have purchased an HP IPAQ 6340 pocket PC from EBay but the idjit that sold it didnt say it had a 2 pin plug, what problems will this have for use in UK, can I just simply use an adapter plug? I also have an AC adapter that allows me to set different voltages and has optional size charging leads, will this be OK to use. I do not want to try it and blow it up, I'd rather send it back to the seller.

Can anyone please help!!!!

Sponsored Links
most if not all the EU is the same voltage as us.

but to be sure, what voltage does what you have brought say?

Many thanks for replying but I think I have solved it following research on the net. I have bought a 2 pin adaptor from Homebase and that seems to work, as because you say, the 220-240 difference in the EU should not cause a problem.

...as long as it's not an American spec at 110 volts.

Sponsored Links
that's true, but I was thinking: "Buy a thing off ebay, it arrives with a foreign plug, what do I know about it?"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back