Help Finding Suitable Downlighters Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In a weak moment a decade ago, I installed eight white GU10 downlighters in my lounge.

Four are fixed (60mm dia cutout) and 4 eyeball (90mm dia cutout). All are made by Click.

Now I want to replace them with GU10 fittings running Megaman 11W CFL lamps.

A nearby branch of Eddy's does Click fixed downlighters, fire-rated, designed for the Megaman lamps in mind, which would be ideal. However, despite their PDF catalogue saying they make adjustable downlighters in LE versions, I can't find any in their catalogue.

JCC also list a fixed downlighter, but seem to have no adjustable downlighters in their LE range. The advantage of the JCC fittings are that their lampholder is not fixed, so it is easier to change the lamp. The Click fittings all have fixed lampholders, so changing the lamps is a fiddly PIA.

So to summarise, I need:

a fixed downlighter in white suitable for a min. 60mm dia. cutout and peferably with a floating lampholder, suitable for a Megaman 11W GU10.

an adjustable downlighter in white suitable for a min. 90mm dia. cutout and peferably with a floating lampholder, suitable for a Megaman 11W GU10.

Could you kindly assist me?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks both!

I have a JCC catalogue borrowed from Eddy's but its 08, not 09, and it does not have those models in there.

They can get hold of both JCC and Megaman, so I'll see what they come up with next time I'm in Macc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back