help flushing central heating pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive run the pipes for all th heating, will fit radiators on Saturday.

Before i get it connected to the boiler, how can I flush it by running water through it, I want to do this to check for leaks as well as flushing any debris out

What thinking somehow of connecting a water supply to the 22m via my hosepipe, and then puting a drain outlet on the other 22mm and flush it thru another piece of hose pipe to the drain

Many thanks

Sponsored Links

Before i get it connected to the boiler, how can I flush it by running water through it, I want to do this to check for leaks as well as flushing any debris out

What thinking somehow of connecting a water supply to the 22m via my hosepipe, and then puting a drain outlet on the other 22mm and flush it thru another piece of hose pipe to the drain

Many thanks

Your 2 new 22mm flow/return pipes need to be linked together then connected to your main via a hose pipe, cap off all your tails to your rads normally using 15mm pushfit blanks or stop ends. Fill your system from the cold main to check for leaks.

Many thanks

Your 2 new 22mm flow/return pipes need to be linked together then connected to your main via a hose pipe, cap off all your tails to your rads normally using 15mm pushfit blanks or stop ends. Fill your system from the cold main to check for leaks.

cheers

whats the best way to connect a hose pipe to 15mm/22mm copper for the supply?

Sponsored Links
thanks all

managed to sort it in the end.

All was fine apart from me missing one join, and a leaking 22mm elbow. Now alll rectified. Ive filled and drained the system around 4 times now so all debris should be clear. Will do it again with hot water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back