help for pitches between 2 neigbouring properties

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If the measurements are the following

pitch 27 at back front 25 pitch at back 25 front 25
upstand 100mm 200mm upstand 35mm 75mm

keeping in mind 1:80 fall for gutter also.

Are these measurments correct? I thought that with reduced pitch upstand will decrease but it is increasing in one but in the other pitch is the same but upstand is increased in the front.

Sponsored Links
I have absolutely no idea what you are asking. :eek:

A lean-to roof, for example, is basically a right angled triangle with a vertical bit a horizontal bit and a diagonal bit.

We will call the vertical bit the 'rise', the horizontal bit the 'going' and the diagonal bit we can call the 'rafter'.

Using the terminology above can you either provide measurements or clarify what you mean in your first post. My feelings are that you are confusing things by including a small upstand at the wall plate (low) end, no?

I have absolutely no idea what you are asking. :eek:

A lean-to roof, for example, is basically a right angled triangle with a vertical bit a horizontal bit and a diagonal bit.

We will call the vertical bit the 'rise', the horizontal bit the 'going' and the diagonal bit we can call the 'rafter'.

Using the terminology above can you either provide measurements or clarify what you mean in your first post. My feelings are that you are confusing things by including a small upstand at the wall plate (low) end, no?

These figure have been given. They have measured the pitches of the 2 properties.

mine according to them is 25 front to back
the neigbourig one is 27 at the back and 25 at the front.
There is a box valley gutter wrongly constructed at the minute and they were measuring for that.

the side measurments are for the upstands at the back and front.
I understand that upstand get higher with higher pitch than for lower pitch.

I also am told that for 1:80 fall 100mm drop is required for the box valley gutter which according to them is present now.
So i cannot make out how that is possible to have a fall of 1:80 with the upstand measurements given and also 2 differnt pitches for the same roof.

Sponsored Links
Still not making much sense.

what i am after is that ca you explain the figures as i cant understand.

The upstand is higher on the neighbouring property but not on my side as we are on the downside of a slight hill.

This roof design is wrong as the roofs slope towards each other with a gutter in between. The tiles are for 35 degree pitch and the pitches are not 35 degrees as that cannot be as the windows on the side restrict it.

Given that one side is higher and other lower reflected in the upstands height with 10" height of the other property at eaves level and nearly 2.5" upstand on my side , how can pitches be same at front but different behind?

Also how can 1:80 fall be still achieved for my side as i understand that 100mm slope is needed to achieve that and this is not reflected in the height of the upstand on my side but the other side does have more or less difference of that 100mm at back and 200mm at front

I cannot understand that. Are they incorrect in their measurments?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back