HELP Granite Tiles falling off the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone please help, I am using 60x30 black granite tiles to tile the walls in my bathroom. I lent against the wall today and one tile fell off, I pulled on a number of the other tiles and they just pulled off with ease. I am using Norcross adhesive recommended by the tile supplier and tiling onto a painted wall that has been painted with emulsion. The paint was not flaking and could not be scraped off. The tiles that have pulled off so far have pulled the paint off also.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Regards

Ian

Sponsored Links
First off, the fact that the emulsion has pulled from the wall reinforces the advice not to tile onto emulsion.
Secondly, is the adhesive pre-mixed? If it is, you should be using powdered and not pre-mixed.

Hi

Using powdered adhesive not ready mix, what do you recommend for the emmulsioned walls, scoring???, the paint will not scrape off.

Thanks in advance

Ian

Sponsored Links
also get one of these to help, while you relax

oompah.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back