Tiles Falling Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
gcol said:
My current occupation is in my profile.
If someone has fitted tiles professionally for years and then feels like doing something different, does that lessen his knowledge? I think not.

You aren't a pro - whereas I am. Give it a rest will you - you don't understand the mechanics involved.

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
You aren't a pro - whereas I am. Give it a rest will you - you don't understand the mechanics involved.
Never laughed so hard for a long while.

You're taking the definition of professional to it's limits there Joe. You could be classed as a "professional" if you do that task as a source of livelihood. If that's how you want to play it then fine, you are a "professional" renovator and I am an "ex-professional tiler".
Does this mean that if one week you're putting in a bathroom in one of your houses that you're a professional plumber? If tiling a kitchen, does that make you a professional tiler? If you build a small wall around a flower bed, does that make you a professional bricklayer? etc etc
So how exactly to you summise that I don't know what I'm talking about? Please explain to me what you think the mechanics involved are, but please be careful because you're coming across as a bit of a fool.

What it means is that I understand the technology from more than one angle. If you were a plasterer you'd understand the properties of plasterboard. You clearly don't understand so arguing with you is pointless. You do whatever it is that failed tilers do.

Sponsored Links
Whatever - I've said my bit. I like to think that regular visitors to this site will have made their own mind up about my knowledge and quality of advice. I'm sure they also know the kind of poster you are. :rolleyes:
You ever wondered why it is that many of the threads you post on get locked or threatened to be locked?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back