Help! Heatline c24/c28 combi probs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tuesday night my boiler stopped firing up for hot water, but central heating was fine. None of the warning LEDS were flashing. Had an engineer out last night and he wants to replace the diverter valve. This morning, i have lovely hot water again despite no work being carried out, but the warning LED for fault on DHW sensor is flashing, but I have hot water? Any suggestions before I pay out to replace an expensive part?

Sponsored Links
in the event of the hot water temperature sensor(dhw ntc) failing the boiler with still fire for hot water but the boiler will work of the CH/primary temp sensor.

basicly it will limit the temp of the primary/ch side to 60c, so if you have below spec flow rate and/or warmish inlet cold temp. you could get good hot water but with the dhw ntc not working at all.

most likely there is nothing wrong with your DV valve(if it is not leaking) and all you need is a new dhw ntc.

if you have you manual it is one of the features of your boiler to tey and still work with a bad DHW ntc.

It sounds as if your engineer was a nupty who cannot diagnose even simple faults!

However, I think that sensor has to be checked with a spare plug and lead unless you have bent test probes and a dentist mirror with a magnet.

Its often quicker to take it out!

Or am I confusing the DHW with the CH sensor locations?

Tony

i would not bother testing the dhw ntc. if the boiler is flashing up that it has failed...then it has failed.

Sponsored Links
Well the good news is I still have hot water, but the engineer called up to say his company no longer supply the part he thought it was so have just paid £60 for him to come out and possibly mis-diagnose it! I am loathe to use the same company again.................. Will be leafing through the yellow pages methinks!!

i would not bother testing the dhw ntc. if the boiler is flashing up that it has failed...then it has failed.

I hope you dont change the APS on a Biasi M96 just because the PCB tells you that its faulty!

Tony

Anyone Northants way (East) fancy fixing this for me? Not too keen to get mugged off by another "Big" company who may or may not fix the problem!!

phone heatline and ask for the number of the local service agent.

btw your boiler has a two year warrenty so maybe worth checking if it still in warrenty.

agile have fun testing ntc's :LOL:

Tis 3 years old, will try heatline again but were having 'technical difficulties' with phones today and couldnt get through!! Thanks for all the advice tho guys!

Tis 3 years old, will try heatline again but were having 'technical difficulties' with phones today and couldnt get through!! Thanks for all the advice tho guys!

You would have thought that they had quite enough "technical difficulties" with their boilers!

Could it possibly be an excuse to slope off early for Easter?

Skeptic

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back