Help! Hotpoint Dishwasher BFI620 not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Can anyone please help.

My dishwasher has stopped working and lights 2 and 4 are flashing (it starts it's cycle, but stops after a short while - before the tablet is ejected) . I gather this suggests a faulty heater and so I have replaced the heater (with built in thermostat) with a new part. However, the machine still stops working after about 2/3 minutes and the same 2 lights flash. What can I try next?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Dishwasher solenoid question

Neighbour has Hotpoint dish washer (s/h) which apparently was working the other day

Today it does not fill up

With the blokes assistance I checked water was passing through the isolating valve from the cold main.

I blew down the flexible hose which connects the isolator to the solenoid, but nothing appears to be getting past the solenoid.

I tried checking the voltage across the terminals of the solenoid with a Fluke open jaw multimeter which read 7 volts, then thinking I should try a voltage reading to earth I took a reading across each wire to the solenoid, but separately, to the earth screw of a socket outlet but got similar reading. I am wondering if solenoid would be low voltage and not 240V.

Tim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back