Help - how do I treat this bit of wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone I need assistance.

Im painting my room and the main walls were fine but the arear near the top of the wall there is 2 wood borders and the bit of wall between this ii noticed had some type of wall plaster or paper

and after using the paint scraper this was underneath

tried sanding it but some parts are various different textures. i want to paint it but what should i do to make it smooth first? primer? plaster it
again?

something to make it smooth before painting it so it will look sharp. this goes all around the room

also was I correct to peel it all off rather than just paint over it.

please help

Sponsored Links
I cant see too clearly what it is, but suspect it might be some heavy grade lining paper with many coats of paint, shame you disturbed it. try wetting a small section , leave it for 20 min and see if it starts to go supple/ might peel off easy. use hot water and washing up liquid or sugar soap. when you got as much as possible off you might want to re line. then paint .
If you only damged a small part leave the rest and paint over ok.

Happy painting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back