help i need the toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
replacing a toilet downstairs and ill try to explain what i need if you can get them?

inlet pipe on left hand side of toilet and flush handle on the right but the ball wont fit unless i take the inlet pipe over to the right same side as handle - is there one available that will allow what i need - sorry if its hard to follow

Sponsored Links
Is the inlet bottom entry or side entry?
Is this a used toilet your fitting, cant you alter pipework?
Can you post a pic?

You can get cisterns with bottom inlet holes on both sides, left and right, and flush handle holes on both sides too. There are blanking plugs that fit into the holes not being used .

sorry cant get pic its for mother and i blanked off and came home:

inlet is from the side l/h and it was a simple flexi connector fit until i realized the ball wouldnt work unless the inlet was at the r/h side and did not want to try and extend the pipe to other side of toilet so was hoping you could get a set that would inlet l/h side and flush r/h side :)

Sponsored Links
if it's the float and its arm that's the prob, use a silent valve such as a Torbeck. They are much smaller.

Flush any dirt or grit out of the pipe first.

you could also try a can-shaped float instead of a round ball-shaped one.

yeah the arm and ball are causing the prob just looked at the torbeck valve and i think that may be the job thanks for help :)

re: worked a treat thanks for all help - appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back