Help! Im leaking....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok ok, so you get the picture- i have a leak. Ive managed to stop it tonight by turning off the mains tap internally, but I obviously need to get it fixed sooner rather than later

Now, i'm not a total idiot when it comes to DIY, so Im kinda hoping that it will be an easy thing that I can do.

Basically, I have a Pressure Reduction Valve (PRV) under my kitchen sink, where the main pipe meets my internal pipes. It has a pressure gauge fitted to it, and the leak ( a constant drip) appears to be coming from the screw thread where the pressure gauge attaches to the PRV.

So basically Im thinking about going to a plumbers merchants tomorrow morning, and buying a new gauge- unscrewing the old one from the PRV (after turning the mains off internally), and screwing the new one on. Is it that simple? If so, do i need to put any sealant around the thread etc. Anyone think that the whole valve needs replacing? Also, do I actually need the gauge- i never look at it, so cant I just get some sort of blanking cap?

Thanks for your help...

Mark

Sponsored Links
Cheers Paul

It definitely looks like it is coming from the thread. Hopefully my link will work

IMG_1216.jpg

Sponsored Links
You need to completely dry it off and see exactly where the leaks coming from, it could of got a wack and cracked the plastic? gauge.

The thread looks like it already got some goo on it, so more likely not to leak and harder to get off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back