Help!! Loose Screw stuck in lock plate of upvc door and door won’t open

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, need bit of an urgent help. There is a loose screw in the lock plate / strip that’s stuck in the keep of the door across. As a result the door doesn’t open. Please need some urgent suggestions ideas to remove the loose screw. TIA very much.

Sponsored Links
If you have a good magnet maybe you can move the screw by running it over the lock enough to open the door.

Can you get a thin slotted screwdriver or scraper in and manoeuvre it back?

If you have a good magnet maybe you can move the screw by running it over the lock enough to open the door.
The gap is too thin to get a magnet to work. Very good suggestion btw. Appreciate it.

Sponsored Links
Can you get a thin slotted screwdriver or scraper in and manoeuvre it back?
I tried really thin blades that came with a handsaw, because the gap is too small, to push the screw back into the screw hole but no joy so far . Any suggestions how to cut the screw in such a thin gap?

Thank you all for your suggestions. I managed to get the screw out using a hanger. Given the tiny space that was the only ‘tool’ I could slide in to lift the screw up and push the door open.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back