HELP - mixer tap not shutting off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
morning all

i've got a kitchen mixer tap that was recently leaking, if u tightened up the hot water tap it would stop the leak.

But now i've turned the hot water tap on this morning and no matter how many times i turn the tap it win't shut the water off again. I'm guessing the washer has gone? But how do i change it?

Please any urgent help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I've managed to open up the tap + change the washer (i had to snip away the edges of the washer to get it to fit + then with a bit of fairy as lubricant managed to get it back into the chamber).

I've put it all back together but the water still isn't shutting off - any ideas please............i'm at a loss

You need the correct washer type. Isolate the cold tap and dismantle it to see what's there.

Sponsored Links
thanks for reply mate, i've taken down to my plumbers + he's given me the correct washer & all is ok now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back