Help need i think my Aunts been Ripped off!

The gc numbers was on the empty box he left!

He did not give a reciept as he apparently did not have none left or none on him! :rolleyes:

Re agile thats a good idea to spread the word but i think this one works for a bigger firm!

I did a search on ebay for that part number and the cheapest i saw was £32 Brand new! :rolleyes:

I read on the a1-gas forums that the Heat inside these units makes a 5 way terminal block crumble and drop parts into the fan rotor. causing Fan rotor to stall and stops the airflow thus causing Pressure switch to go off hence so boiler shuts down! SOLUTION: Clear terminal debris and fit a new terminal block. Lubricate motor bearings which were dry. Replaced pressure switch microswitch, which had unreliable connection across one of the contact pairs (Would this be true)

Sponsored Links
lets say you go to a job and you think its the pcb you go and buy it at great cost and put the new pcb in and boiler still doesnt work, for example lets say its the fan that did go wrong, you fit the fan,and take out the new pcb that u bought thinking that the old pcb will work again,it wont because as soon as you power up the new pcb it registers the new board and wont let you fit the old board back ! it just wont work again !

Worcester and Vaillant both denied that approach when I asked at a recent exhibition. Both said the software their guys use just presents the same data more easily, and anyone can buy it.

How can anyone be so certain the aunt's plumber should pay money back?? If the board was faulty, £173.48 is the Retail price (eg at HRPC). (Doesn't matter to me what I pay for them, they go out at the RRP.)

We have no idea what's wrong with the system and it seems a bit silly to make condemning statements from a position of ignorance. As I said, he doesn't appear to have charged for all his time.

the plumbing miracle said:
thinking that the old pcb will work again,it wont because as soon as you power up the new pcb it registers the new board and wont let you fit the old board back ! it just wont work again !
The new pcb IS the new board - registers what with what - sounds like aload of rubbish to me.

You cannot commercially go fixing boilers by seeing what part is needed and then bidding for it and hoping the seller will send it before the customer gets fed up waiting. Other problem is that many things on ebay are used, faulty, stolen, not as described etc. and thats not the way to treat your customers.

We have to buy the parts over the counter the same day and pay the full trade price plus VAT. Thats usually more than ebay and more than some online suppliers who take a week to get it to you.

Tony

Sponsored Links
they do deny it but their isnt software you can buy thats rubbish i have the paperwork to prove it , and the insider training to know it is going on.

dad said:
I read on the a1-gas forums that the Heat inside these units makes a 5 way terminal block crumble and drop parts into the fan rotor. causing Fan rotor to stall and stops the airflow thus causing Pressure switch to go off hence so boiler shuts down! SOLUTION: Clear terminal debris and fit a new terminal block. Lubricate motor bearings which were dry. Replaced pressure switch microswitch, which had unreliable connection across one of the contact pairs (Would this be true)
No, it's nonsense. Which you'd see for yourself if you looked at the parts diagram.

Who says the fault's there anyway?

their is a user display interface pcb which stops the process i know you must feel angry about it but so did i at first thats why i am posting

The print cartridges often have chips to prevent them being refilled and I heard the man from Lexmark deny it on BBC R4 if front of a cartridge refiller man!

also another great one is if you buy a certain boiler and say you want 28kw of power you can buy the same range boiler at say 14kw for example the boilers are exactly the same all you do is change the settings in the codes of the boiler so you could save yourself alot of money.although you wouldnt know how to do it unless you know how to on the display settings

also another great one is if you buy a certain boiler and say you want 28kw of power you can buy the same range boiler at say 14kw for example the boilers are exactly the same all you do is change the settings in the codes of the boiler so you could save yourself alot of money.although you wouldnt know how to do it unless you know how to on the display settings

*******s

Do you actually the slightest clue what you're talking about?

______
Edit: pardon me kev - I see you got there first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back