Help need i think my Aunts been Ripped off!

Sponsored Links
Yes - yes - let's have some more open warfare between RGIs and convince more of our potential customers that we're a bunch of argumentative prats!

There are VERY good reasons for NOT releasing technical setup information for boilers into the 'public domain'. Most important, it's a VERY quick way to stuff up a lot of boilers! Unfortunately, there are a LOT of complex settings which MAY adjust output, etc. but these are all mixed together in a pretty random way and it's (believe me!) VERY easy to get them wrong. And it's NOT always (or often) the boiler makers fault: they buy PCBs from Honeywell, etc. and it's limitations in the original design and other factors that make them hard to work with. By changing settings, it would be very easy to overheat the boiler more-or-less to destruction, create gas safety hazards and also get the thing into a condition that would prevent further problem diagnosis.

This thread started with a VERY simple boiler, probably with a trivial fault. Everyone seems to have entirely forgotten about the unfortunate OAP in Clacton!

Do the lads all understand words such as Marra Kev? Being a Whitley Bay lad I of course have no idea what ya gannin on aboot bonny lad ;)

I love 'The Craic' (that be the irish pronunciation so it is).

When I was last at the flicks some gadgee said to me, 'These Westlers Hotdogs are the Dogs B******'. ... I stick to Popcorn now :eek:

croydoncorgi said:
This thread started with a VERY simple boiler, probably with a trivial fault. Everyone seems to have entirely forgotten about the unfortunate OAP in Clacton!

Lovely Clacton at this time of year!

Sponsored Links
Blasphemous said:
Do the lads all understand words such as Marra Kev? Being a Whitley Bay lad I of course have no idea what ya gannin on aboot bonny lad ;)

I love 'The Craic' (that be the irish pronunciation so it is).

When I was last at the flicks some gadgee said to me, 'These Westlers Hotdogs are the Dogs B******'. ... I stick to Popcorn now :eek:

I understand because my mother was from New Fields near Pelton Fell, also have fond memories of a year working in Whitley Bay where dare I say it there is much more affluence than the bedsit city I have to operate in. It's because up there they have the Metro so middle class people can live out there. Scarborough on the other hand is same social class as Middlesborough.

OK I'm a snob.

No I'm not, you can't spend a large chunk of your life despatch riding or nursing and have down to earth mates and be a snob. It's just common economic sense no money in local populous cheap jobs, cheap jobs, crap van. OK so I'm an inverted vanb sn ob. No I have a complex about my van. I have to park it round the ocrner for estimates, and since I pulled someones iron gate and garden wall down I don't park on drives, not that there are many in Scarborough.

You do realise that Necastle is massively afluent compared to Glasgow's playground?

why has kev plumbs argument about gas rating a boiler been removed i informed him that you can gas rate a boiler locking the modulation on high
because he seemed to think you can only do it on hot water

It has not been removed try looking at right thread.. It is under the thread titled Gas Bill

Whey wadda ye na man, there's more Geordies hea than St James on a Satda! Hawway the lads!

Yeah Whitley Bay is fairly affluent Paul (in certain places). I actually live on a very nice Private Estate in Whitley but I'm originally from 'The Ridges' :eek: which, (if you don't know) is a pretty poor area and known for its, shall we say, rough lads! It was one of the areas that had those Riots years ago. I think it was all to do with the price of Plumbers or something :LOL:

I've done a few jobs in my time too but I currently look after my son whose 3. Its the most frustrating thing I've EVER done! I did my ACS a year or so ago and STILL done nowt with it!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back