Help needed installing mid positsion valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New to this so please be gentle with me.

Boiler type:-
Worcester Bosh Thermotechnik 28CDI RSF
GAS

This boiler heats the rads and supplies hot water to the taps on demand.
It works a treat.

I have a power shower (pumped) which is fed from a cold tank in the loft and a (electrically heated) immersion heater sat next to the combi.

The cylinder is an indirect cylinder and is just waiting to be connected.
The shower is used 3 or 4 times a day and my elecy bill is going through the roof.

Just bought a drayton MID positsion valve and tank stat.
I need some advice on connecting this valve up.
I can do the plumbing and the wiring... just need to know where things go :rolleyes:

At the moment the timer on the boiler is left ON all the time and the heating is controlled via the thermostat (Eberle INtelegent thermoSTAT2)
This controlls the time the heating comes on and the temp.

Will I need any other controller? or will this do for what I am trying to do.

Thanx in advance for any help.

Sponsored Links
you are going to control your hot water with the cylinder stat only, not a programmer?.Just run 240v to your wiring centre, neutrals and earths together then run your lives through the tank stat to the mid position valve and on to pump and boiler.
I personally would put a programmer at the start and run my room stat into the wiring centre (need to to operate mid pos valve). Not 100% sure of the question as you should have a wiring diagram with the valve but hey thought i'd have a go!

The mid pos valve will need the "satisfied" signal from the cylinder stat, and the "hw off" from any programmer to both go to the grey wire on the mpv.

just thinking about this giddy has a combi, havent looked up to see how old but a lot of combis are 240v in then 12v to controls eg stats

could this be a problem

or maybe im being thick

Sponsored Links
Thanx for the speedy replies lads.

I think I need to use a programmer.

P.S
Sometimes I get a little drop of oil type substance from the hot tap, not very often but any ideas what this could be?

Thanx again.

JR

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back