NOT a mid position valve.

Obi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, first post so be gentle ;)

I removed a hideous old timing unit and replaced with a snazzy new (eBay) Drayton Tempus 7 allowing for the first time, independent control of hot water and central heating but I fear that I've made a boo boo in the wiring. I won't go into depth about what it looks like now, but I will show what I think I should have minus the bit I'm stuck on.

View media item 26967
Shown above is the live connections through the system. You'll notice that the poor old valve is left out of the equation.

At present the valve is powered by connecting B to C but of course this means that I only have heating when the water is timed on, but not demanded.

Perhaps I cannot do this with the valve I have, maybe I need a 3 port Mid-position. What I'd like to have is independently timed but if two demands collide, HW takes precedence.

I hope this all makes sense. Please help!

Sponsored Links
Wups, I think the boiler is actually wired through the pump to avoid it firing if the pump breaks. Sorry, can't be bothered to fix the pic as it's not really important.

..or is it?! :confused:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick replies!

Mick: Seems perfect, I've googled for that very pic so many times, but I've been looking at Y-plan, not W-plan. The only thing I knew was that mine wasn't S-plan!

Seco: it's a Honeywell 3 port (but NOT mid position) valve, I now know it to be aka a "Divertor" valve, as per Mick's linked pic.

I'll give that a blast in the week and let you know how I get on!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back