Help needed not sure about KW? Potterton 100BTU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need a bit of help I have been asked to look for a Potterton 100BTU boiler but I am not sure of the kw? I really need help as this is for my mother in laws house and they want to buy the boiler separately and then get it installed

I need to know where I could get these from and also the KW I need for a 4-5 bedroom house.

Any other information needed let me know

Thanks in advance

Joe

Sponsored Links
I have been asked to look for a Potterton 100BTU boiler but I am not sure of the kw?
I think you mean a 100,000 BTU, which is 30kW.

Who said your m-i-l needs such a large boiler? Is it a combi (instant hot water)?

If not a combi, I suggest you use the Whole House Boiler Size Calculator to find out what size she really needs.

As for buying the boiler separately, that is not a good idea. Your m-i-l may get it cheaper than the 'list' price, but installers will get it for even less then add a mark-up and charge for labour. If your m-i-l purchases the boiler, they will make sure they don't loose out.

In any case there is the problem of what happens when something goes wrong. As your m-i-l has supplied the boiler, the installer has no responsibility if the boiler is faulty, so it will be up to your m-i-l to contact her supplier and ask them to sort out the problem. The installer could, legitimately, charge for their time in diagnosing any fault on the boiler, even if it is within Guarantee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back