Help needed please! No hot water- No heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello Everyone, today I fitted a new Salamander shower pump, and as such I switched off the mains water tap, and also the outlet and inlets from the cylinder, and left the taps open so as to drain them.

I then finished and turned all of the valves back on.

Now the water is running fine, the pressure is OK, the cold water is great, but and it is a big but. The water is not getting hot, not is the central
heating working.

I have a glow worm ultimate 30ff boiler, a cylinder with a thermostat,
a central heating pump and a 3 port drayton motorised valve (all near the cyclinder).

Please please help as my fiance is about to kill me!! :confused:

Thanks Guys!! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Withdraw white bottom panel and press in red o/heat stat button on the control unit..you haven't turned a fuse spur off accidently or anything when doing the pump?

Possible air lock on the primary going into the cylinder :rolleyes: Is there a stalk of copper coming off the primary flow pipe going into the cylinder?

Sponsored Links
Withdraw white bottom panel and press in red o/heat stat button on the control unit..you haven't turned a fuse spur off accidently or anything when doing the pump?

It has fired up the boiler and now my central heating seems to be working fine, just waiting for the hot water now, I'll keep you posted, thanks a million!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back