Help needed with cast iron vertical toilet stack

Have you checked for clearance at rear of pan for flush pipe?

That looks like a salt glazed collar , the thickness gives it away , inserting a fitting into the pipe may lead to blockages due to the sharp turn.

Sponsored Links
Finally, I would imagine cutting iron with an angle grinder is going to produce lots of sparks.. is their an alternative??

I very much doubt I would undertake such a task, but good to be armed with info when Im talking through what needs doing with someone...

As to cast or clay - try it with a magnet ;) I`m with cast . And I would drill loads of holes vertically round the flange near to the pipe - new high speed twist drills and a non hammer drill - then break out the socket with a sharp cold chisel and a lump hammer :idea: . You wouldn`t need to talk me through it , just make loads of tea and provide chocolate digestives :p I`m not frightened of a bit of cast drainage , but I`m wary of disc cutters :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back