Help! No hot water pressure!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a combi worcester boiler, and all of a sudden i have stopped having any hot water pressure everywhere in the house. The only thing that has changed is that we had a new washing machine fitted, but that is cold water fed and presumably has nothing to do with the hot water?

If anyone can help i would be eternally grateful as i have two smelly teenagers lol!

Thank you

Kate

Sponsored Links
Was the mains stop cock closed when changing the washing machine?
Has It been opened enough again?

Your hot water will be from the mains (albeit via the boiler) so this could be whats wrong.

Thank you for your reply however the water was not turned off whilst the washing machine was installed, and strangely the cold water pressure has not been affected.

I hope the washing machine connection isn't via a self cutting valve!

Self-cutting valves make a hole in the pipe by punching out a small disc. Sometimes the disc stays attached to the pipe, and sometimes it falls into the pipe to lodge somewhere it shouldn't be in the system.

Sponsored Links
No it definately not got one of those self cutting valves, the washing machine we took out was connected to a hot and cold feed, but the new one has only got a cold feed, the hot water pressure is getting worse and worse it has now gone to a dribble!

When i turn the tap on downstairs in the kitchen i have no water upstairs at all this is getting worse :(

Also when i just went upstairs and turned the sink tap on it gushed a lot of water then stopped then just went to a dribble again,

Check that there is not a valve on the mains water pipe as it enters the boiler, this may have been closed during the W/M change when decomissioning the hot supply to the machine, and not opened fully afterwards

Hubby says he didnt touch any valves by the boiler! xx

Just spoken to hubby he says when he put the new washing machine in all he did was turn the hot and the cold tap off took the pipe away from the hot tap and connected the cold tap and left the hot tap off!

Wont be an air lock. I dont think trying the trick in the link will achieve anything other than getting you wet....

With a combi the water is supplied from the cold mains to the boiler, heated within as required, then flows from the boiler to the hot taps. The '2' on the gauge refers to system pressure, should be about 1-1.5 cold, will rise when boiler is working. 2 isnt OTT, and wont affect the hot water supply.

This has to be a problem with the water supply to the boiler for the DHW IMO. Cold taps are all ok?

Hi there, there is no problem at all with cold taps.

Have noticed now that when hot taps turned on there is nothing happening with boiler, god this is frustrating...

Just thought that I should report back.

I went into bathroom and turned hot sink tap on... it made quite a loud noise and spluttered and then flowed like normal, so I dont know if all of a sudden everything is ok again or if it will go back to as it was

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back