Help! No hot water upstairs!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My hot water was fine on Saturday, and then Sunday I had boiling hot water downstairs but when I ran the shower, the hot water started hot but faded to cold.

I have a combi boiler and the shower runs from a mixer on the taps. Have checked that the heating is ok and it is, have checked the pressure on the boiler and that's fine too. As I said, I have hot water downstairs and I can get intermitent hot water on the tap in the bathroom too but then that also fades.

Help! :cry:

Sponsored Links
what combi boiler do you have and also mixer taps can become a problem with combis,as they can send a back feed of cold water to the boiler when they begin to go faulty, either that or if your ht water works with a diaghram it may be slightly perished and need replacing, another solution would be to correct the flow rate of the incoming mains cold supply to the boiler

more than likely the diaphragm wearing out, works downstairs because taps are higher pressure, enough to turn on DHW on boiler. Lower pressure upstairs not enough to move perrished diaphragm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back