Help - Pilot light won't light on Radiation Fuelsaver Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our boiler's about 27 years old and works fine usually but the pilot light's gone out twice in the last two days. We thought it was the extreme winds that we've had. My husband's managed to re-light it both times but when we came home today it was out again. I've rung the man who services it but he's going off for the weekend and he suggested pressing the re-set button which he said isn't actually a button but a green bit of plastic under the boiler.. We've searched for it but can't find it - can anyone guide me as to where it can be located. Thanks

Sponsored Links
If its the overheat then you have to remove the bottom controls cover(Pull forward) and you will find the reset button on the thermostat box.Do not try any other adjustments. As you may know these boilers are obsolete and the best advice I can offer is to replace with a modern unit.

Thanks for your reply but we've looked where the thermostat is and can't find anything that looks remotely like a re-set button. When you say thermostat box I presume you mean the part where the knob is to turn it up and down. Thanks anyway for your quick response.

Sponsored Links
If the boiler is staying alight after pilot has been relit and going out afterwards then its not the reset button .

Which is on right hand side of boiler(after removing bottom tray) screwed to the chasis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back