Help please. Altech thermostat won't talk to my boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In April I moved into a house with a Volkera (Unica 28HE) boiler and an Altech programmable thermostat with RF. (Installed Feb 2009).

Now that it's cold I have tried to turn the CH on (boiler has worked fine for hot water all summer). I had to change the batteries in the thermostat but I have managed (I think) to programme the on /off times and I have turned the boiler switch to the right place for it to receive signals but nothing has happened.

Yesterday I had several phone calls with a helpful young man in technical help at Altech who talked me through the steps of checking/changing frequency (changing 'jumper' positions on both thermostat and control panel on wall).

I have done this many times, trying different combinations but all I have achieved is 3 green flashes on the wall unit LED and then resolutely back to red.

Please - what am I doing wrong?

Sponsored Links
Couple of basic questions first ;) is the middle selector switch (on the front of the boiler) turned all the way to the right ? and is the selector switch next to it on the right turned all the way to the right ?

Couple of basic questions first ;) is the middle selector switch (on the front of the boiler) turned all the way to the right ? and is the selector switch next to it on the right turned all the way to the right ?

Thank you for responding. There are three dials on the front of the boiler (apart from pressure guage). The first is HW temp. The second has 4 positions (to the left, HW only; pointing up, standby, to the right [2 o'clock], HW and CH [economy], further to right [4 o'clock] HW + CH with water pre-heat. The third dial is CH temp.

At the moment dial 2 is on the 3rd position (HW + CH economy);
dial 3 is most of the way to the right though I have tried it at max.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back