help please glowworm spacesaver mkII

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,i am posting this for my farther who hasn't come over to the 21st century recently his boiler has been getting very hot so we stripped the front off to have a look and the pilot light is fine but when you fire up the main burner it seems to be letting out to much gas as the flame is massive and obviously getting through to the outer case of boiler and making it red hot my question is can the flame on the main boiler be turned down to stop this? any help would be much appreciated as said in title boiler is glowworm spacesaver mkII dating back to the stone age. :D

Sponsored Links
with all due respect this needs to be attended to by a registered gas engineer, as an open flued boiler has an increase risk if not serviced for years, please dont attempt any repairs on this yourself

with all due respect this needs to be attended to by a registered gas engineer, as an open flued boiler has an increase risk if not serviced for years, please dont attempt any repairs on this yourself

appreciated am waiting on a friend to get back to me who is gas safe registered but just trying to find out a little information.

the boiler is likely to benefit from a full strip down service which could be causing th problem, it is designed to work at maximum gas rate without causing a problem so turning down the gas pressure wont solve the problem (it may mask it by apparently solving the prob you have, but if there is a blockage causing POC's to spill you will still get poisoned, just a little slower if you turn the gas pressure down :eek: ) i'm sure your gas engineer will strip, service and check it out, when was it serviced last?

Sponsored Links
It would have made sense to get your friend round in the first instance.
Too many people on here ask for "a little information" whilst awaiting the GSR man - perhaps they think we're all as green as a cabbage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back