HELP PLEASE :) - Heating not working Ideal classic se15ff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello :)

Today i changed over another radiator in my home.. straight swap nothing too difficult have done it many times before.

I switched off the boiler and drained the whole system and turned off the water supply (as i normally would).
Swapped over the radiator, turned back on water / boiler etc.

Normally at this point i simply bleed the radiator and the pump screw and everything works perfect and the house heats up quickly.

however when i switch on the boiler i hear a buzz coming from it but no fan, no ignition. ive been trying this on and off throughout the day but it just wont ignite (nor does the fan start)

I haven't actually used my central heating since december so unsure whether my work today has caused this or if has been like this prior.

The boiler is ideal classic se15ff. I have a big tank on the top floor and also a tank in my loft...

ive gone round and bled every radiator again and bled the pump

any suggestions before i call out an engineer! :)

Sponsored Links
It would have been more sensible to have tested the system before you disturbed it.

At least by now its probably already due for its annual service!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back