HELP PLEASE, its driving me crazy!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, please can anyone help.

I will try to be as descriptive as possible, but as I have very limited plumbing knowledge, things may get a little confusing.

My house is around 12 years old, and all of the plumbing is original. The stat in the wall is a Potterton type, as is the one in the drying/hot water tank cupboard. The water pump is a grundfos type, not sure of the model, and the boiler on the wall is a Myson, gas fired.

When the heating kicks in on a morning, and during an evening, when timed to come on, and after turning up the stat to make the heating come on again, there is very loud banging comming from the central heating system. It seams to be comming from the cupboard in which the pump/hot water tank/water temp stat is.

I have checked that the tanks (filled with cold water) are full, and they are, and that the rads contain no air. The rads dont seam to get hot, well not as hot as I think they should, therefore not very effective in warming the house.

It seams to happen more often when the stat on the boiler is quite high.

Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Jonathan :(

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back