help please! triton shower wont cut water off?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, can anyone help? i recently put an electric 8.5kw triton shower in but it wont cut off the water when its turned off by the stop button? water contiues to come out the shower? i read the manual and it says faulty stop button. I just wanted to verify this before i take the shower back.

Another thing i noticed is that there are 2 places in the shower where the incoming water supply can be connected to. each one has a different connection, one has a thread and the other is a push on. then of course theres the connection for the shower head itself. so theres 3 connections. can any of the 2 incoming connections be used? thanks.

Sponsored Links
Ring Triton, they offer excellent customer service and sometimes provide a free call out service for new products.

Triton at present are awful for quality control.yours has probably got a sticky microswitch on the on off control.

We currently have issues with there xt2000, out of 70 fitted 30 have had to replaced.seen more of their design staff and management in last few weeks than ever.got another visit by them Monday so they can work out why their shower is so poor.

Mira now has the contract got the remaining 120.

what model is it ?

your mention of the connection points don't sound right.
does the water still flow if the main pullcord is turned off ?

your fault can be two reasons depending where you have isolated it
just by the on/off switch or the pullcord aswell.

Sponsored Links
yea the water flows constantly when the shower is turned off at the shower unit. I dont think Its nothing to do with the electrics. The 2 water connections that im on about are right near eachother in a sort of L shape so which ever one i connect the incoming water to, it will flow in the same direction. its quite hard to explain. Its just that if only 1 of these can be used i will have to get new plumbing parts. i agree with icgs, triton are not very good. heres a quick daft upload of what it looks like.

yea the water flows constantly when the shower is turned off at the shower unit.
yes but what if its isolated at the pullcord or main switch does it still run water or not.

I dont think Its nothing to do with the electrics.
no i'm not saying it is but your fault can be 2 things depending or where you isolate it from
just the on/off on shower or from the pullcord.

water running constant when just isolated at the on/off switch can be a fault on the solenoid or on/off switch or pcb.

isolated at the main pullcord will indicate a faulty solenoid only.

as asked earlier what model is it makes answering the question alot easier
when you have fitted thousands of showers you can't remember everyone of the top of your head.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back