Help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please and apologies for being a novice.
I have a solid fuel boiler Trianco 120, it started "Clunking"
I cleaned all the vents, flues etc thoroughly, and it has got worse
All the time so not related to radiators or when the radiators are being pumped
Air in the system ???
but there are no bleeding valves etc
any help desperately received before my good lady murders me or the boiler
Ian

Sponsored Links
What do you mean by clunking? and where does this clunking come from, boiler, pipes, rads? Does the water heat up well (have you noticed any difference) do all the rads heat properly?

Check the small header tank in the loft has water in it for a start. Does the clunking start when it is first lit, or been on for a while?

The clunking is quite a high pitched thumping sound from in the middle of the boiler, just above where the coal burns.
all the rads work well and the clunking still happens when it is just hot water (not central heating) being heated
the water heats up very well
there is water in the header tank
the clunking starts after the boiler has been going for a bit, but then can continue constantly
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Possibly caused by expansion of some loose moving part. Really needs to be seen to track it down. May be something simple that you have not noticed.
Maybe best to get a local guy to have a look.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back