Help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having read the FAQ and a number of other posts, I seem to be unable to find an answer to this (perhaps because it's such a basic question!), however, I know less than an average 5 year old about anything related to plumbing/central heating.

I have 2 pipes (HW/CW) which are currently capped, in one of my bathrooms. I won't explain why (will take an age!); but I need to remove the caps.

I have a combi boiler, which I understand means that I have mains pressure from both of these pipes?

Do I need to drain the entire system? Do I just shut off the mains water feed to the boiler? Do I shut off the water on the boiler itself?

All I want to do is prevent water pouring everywhere and to know the simplest way of preventing this.
If I need to drain the whole thing, can someone give me a run through of how?
These may seem like incredibly basic questions, but only if you know answers!

Thanks in advance for any helpful people out there ;)

Sponsored Links
Turn water off at the mains and open your downstairs taps to drain the 2 pipes and do your work.

:D

Just hope the pipes are mains water & not flow & return pipes for c/htg circuit ie old pipes to bathroom rad

Sponsored Links
weareleeds said:
Just hope the pipes are mains water & not flow & return pipes for c/htg circuit ie old pipes to bathroom rad

They are some pipes that used to feed a shower, therefore I guess they are mains hot & cold, so this should still be ok?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back