Help plumbing mixer shower in (photos)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So i've purchased an Ebb and Flo shower to attach to the top of a sink in my garage to bath the dog in but i'm concerned about leaks as i've had to cobble a few bits together to make it 90 degrees to the sink top

If you look at the red square on the "everything" photo that i've attached, will the rubber/mesh/washer/filter be enough to seal the mixer unit to the male end of the elbow ?
Obviously, I'll be adding some PTFE or Loctite 55 string to this and all male threads

Next, the green square on the same photo.....this is the one i'm most concerned about :confused:

Will a single fibre washer be sufficient to seal the pipe to the female end of the elbow ?

I'm concerned that the lip inside the elbow isn't wide enough for the fibre washer and could distort (there's a close up photo showing the inside of the elbow and fibre washer)

And finally, the blue square......i assume the integrated rubber washer in the female flexi pipe wont need anything else other than again, some PTFE/Loctite on the male thread ?

hopefully someone more experienced can alay my fears/offer any guidance

thanks in advance of any replies

Attachments

• Everything.jpeg
    Everything.jpeg
    432.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Elbow and fibre washer.jpeg
    Elbow and fibre washer.jpeg
    294.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Pipe to flexi.jpeg
    Pipe to flexi.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 24
Sponsored Links
Hi mate, will preface this by saying I'm not a plumber so take this with a pinch of salt.

Your blue square should be fine, this is a parallel thread and you can tell by the flat face at the end of the male thread it is designed to seal against the O ring. It will not need any ptfe to seal, hand tighten and a wee nip to seat it onto the rubber.
The red square I'm not sure about, cant see into the threads of the mixer but I'd imagine it's a parallel thread too, these can be sealed with ptfe but you'd be better getting the right thing.
I do think you're right to be concerned with the green, looks to me like thats a tapered elbow where the nipple fitting (?) is parallel at least on the side I can see. You'll never get that to seal.

Again, I'm not a plumber so maybe wait for some better advice before rushing out to buy anything.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back