Help! Pro Combi Boiler 100HE Not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have this Pro Combi boiler and it won't ignite.

I went on holiday for 2 weeks and turned off the electricity (Big mistake!) to the boiler. On returning the hot water will not heat and the heating won't heat up either. The pump doesn't sound like it is working and there are no sparks in the ignition chamber, though the fan is working.

The pressure is at 1.1 bar.

After a while of the hot water tap being on the led becomes a continuous red light (overheating) and the motor of the pump is warm. However, the boiler does not ignite and the hot water doesn't heat up.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?!

Thanks in advance.

Simon

Sponsored Links
possible the pump is seized, worth getting registered engineer in to resolve problem.

Thanks ukrobj!

Is it possible to unsieze a pump through dismantling and cleaning?

I had thought that it is likely that I get a heating engineer out.

Sponsored Links
chances are system is dirty if the pump is seized, you can usually free it by spinning it manually, centre crew, you will get water from that so plenty of cloths or tray under pump. Take out centre screw, start boiler and with flat blade spin it, you might have to give it a few goes, but be warned if its stuck once, it will probably stick again in the future when left off for a while.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back