Help : Puma80e Low System Pressure again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have Potterton Puma 80e, which was working OK till yesterday. It has now LOW SYSTEM PRESSURE on and there is no HOT water, neither CH is working.

Puma 80e Manual Says: Repressurise the Central Heating System.

The pressure gauge reading is:

BLACK NEEDLE: 3.4
RED NEEDLE: 1.1

I tried to increase the pressure reading by switching ON the filling valve for a while, but no luck.

I can see hear the PUMP runnig for CH.

and Reading on my radiator dials in the room is between 2-3 (which was working OK till the otherday).

Can anyone give me some Idea what might be wrong and how to do what?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Further to the question, can anyone tell me if RED INDICATOR is the main one or BLACK one?

Thanks

Your first task is to turn OFF the valve on the filling loop!!!
Then read all the FAQ about re-pressurising a boiler.

Hint: you've set the pressure in your system to whatever is in the mains. The pressure in your system SHOULD be around 1 Bar, NOT 3 Bar!!!

The Pressure Relief Valve will have opened and water will be dripping down the wall outside. You will also need advice on how to reduce the pressure, how to replace a PRV and (probably) how to unblock a pressure switch.

Probably more economic to get an engineer in!

The black needle indicates ACTUAL pressure. The red pointer probably indicates whatever pressure the installer thought would be suitable for the system, but may be set completely wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back