puma80 problem with low pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just found this forum and would be grateful for any advice you can offer me.

I have a puma80/potterton boiler and it will not work at all. The pilot light is lit and I can hear the timer ticking away, but that's all it will do! I noticed the red - low pressure light is on, so I checked the pressure gauge. The reading is o!

My question is; how do I go about increasing the pressure and could the pressure drop be due to bleeding the radiators recently?

thanx in advance

Angela

Sponsored Links
Yes. There should be a filling loop , usually a braided metal hose (MAY BE DISCONNECTED) with two isolation valves at each, turn the valves on until gauge pressure is 1.5bar (when cold).

thanx for the advice. This morning my neighbour came over to have a look at the boiler. and he has increased the pressure, but I think the pressure is too high now at 3, even though the red-low pressure light is still on. Also, I have noticed a leak coming from the pipe at the back of the boiler (the one with the red tap).

I guess I will have to call someone out asap. I wouldn't be in such a hurry to fix the darn thing if it was summer, but I can't cope with no heating and no hot water during this cold spell. brrr!

Anyone know a good (inexpensive) plumber in Luton?

Angela

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back