Help quick!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need some help back in 2004 i fitted my own windows, my mate got them trade from where he worked.

The problem now is i am selling the house and i dont have building regulation approval or FENSA certificate!!!

How do i get round this now?

Or do i say the windows were pre 2002 and ive had new glass fitted in 2004?? all the windows are printed 2004. Need an answer quick as my solicitor keeps ringing me.

Sponsored Links
As long as they are up to builing regs standard, just get the local council to go and check em.

Other than saying they were fitted b4 2002 you are stuck unless you can find a local company that will register it. But i doubt that as they will then have to carry out the work there for the 10 yrs

Sponsored Links
They take forever tho.
Should've done it in the first place then! :rolleyes:
What about an indemnity insurance?
Why don't you ask your solicitor, they'll happily charge you £100 or so to do it for you. For some reason solicitors, don't always seem to mention them until you ask. :rolleyes:

Alternatively, call the buyers bluff & tell them to F off, frankly, Fensa approval is worth sweet FA as would a 9 year old Building Control Approval.

Afterall you've got an EPC which (well on paper anyway) proves the house's running costs.

They take forever tho.
Should've done it in the first place then! :rolleyes:
What about an indemnity insurance?
Why don't you ask your solicitor, they'll happily charge you £100 or so to do it for you. For some reason solicitors, don't always seem to mention them until you ask. :rolleyes:

Alternatively, call the buyers bluff & tell them to F off, frankly, Fensa approval is worth sweet FA as would a 9 year old Building Control Approval.

Afterall you've got an EPC which (well on paper anyway) proves the house's running costs.

Done it in the first place?? This is the first ive heard i needed to do anything so this is why i am where i am!!

The buyer is taylor whimpey as its going in part exchange for a new house.

Been searching and i think the way out is the insurance policy i know it might be £50-£100 quid but i saved 3k doing the windows myself so doesnt matter, as long as that policy will allow me to sell the house, i will contact the solicitor and see what she says.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back